"To Partner with local communities, turning knowledge and energy into action and progress"
"Strong local communities where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and make a difference"
To do this we are:
- Inspiring people & organisations to action: through volunteering, through donating money or resources to make a positive contribution to the life of the community.
- Connecting people & organisations across all sections of society: helping to create the social networks across our communities, including the social economy, commercial economy and public sector economy to instigate positive change.
- Influencing decision-makers: to listen to local residents, charities, community groups and social enterprises, who have a voice to shape key decisions about the local community.
- Developing charities, social enterprises & projects: building the capabilities of existing local organisations to meet identified priorities and needs within our local community and helping to set up new charities, social enterprises and projects that meet identified priorities and needs within our local community.
- Targeting our support to the most vulnerable within society and the more deprived neighbourhoods within our community. We aim to provide help where it is most needed and where our impact can make the most difference.
We treat everyone fairly and understanding their diverse needs and strengths, we can serve them better and provide services that positively impact their lives. We actively seek out the voices from potentially excluded and disadvantaged groups.
We inspire a culture of collaborative partnerships with our members and communities, including our statutory partners and funders, to achieve the best outcomes and impact.
We make a positive difference to people’s lives every day. We focus on positive outcomes and apply recognised safeguarding principles to our work.
We search for solutions and ideas that overcome the challenges faced by our members, users of our services, communities and partners.
We strive for quality in all that we do recognising that each person’s contribution is valuable.
We do the right thing. We are an independent, impartial voice and advocate strongly with and on behalf of the voluntary sector and communities. Transparency is embedded in how we work.
Details of the 2021 Conference and AGM Programme.