Communities 1st are looking for Bid Writer/ Coordinator, who loves to face work challenges; to join their growing team. The Bid Writer/ Coordinator will play a critical role by assisting the
Chief Executive to prepare proposals that helps the organisation to further develop and establish.
This role offers a great opportunity for the right person who is looking to; gain experience in the Third Sector; develop their office based and management experience; or just simply 'give something back to their community'. The role is for you if you are looking for flexibility and autonomy.
What will I be doing?
- Apart from writing proposal, you will also be reviewing and editing previously written content wherever necessary.
- Working with other team members to produce bid responses and writings
- Help in writing funding applications for the varied projects that we run in order to meet our organisational objectives.
- Also help in presentations and all supporting documentation.
Contribute to staff meetings and other internal meetings with views and suggestions etc.
About the Organisation
Since being created in 2009 from a merger of two community organisations within Hertsmere, Communities 1st has grown into a successful charitable organisation with strong links to the communities in which we work.
Communities 1st aims to develop and promote a healthier and more thriving community by supporting and enabling people to become more actively involved in the community. We encourage individual volunteering and support groups working to achieve benefits for our community.
Our specific projects have been supported by reputable funders such as the National Lottery, European Social Fund, Hertfordshire County Council, Hertsmere Borough Council and Affinity Sutton Housing as well as many local businesses.
We involve volunteers in a variety of roles and have something to suit all skills, talents, interests and availability. You will be valued and supported in whichever role you decide to undertake and the chances are you'll have fun too!
What are they looking for?
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience
- Committed to working with the community with a passion for helping others less fortunate.
- Good written skills able to speak confidently with variety of stakeholders
- Able to write effective, concise and compelling content
- You will be self-starting and willing to research and look for new funding opportunities that match our aims and objectives;
- Well organized, pro-active and able to deliver tasks efficiently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards and pay attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft word
- Ability to work independently and ask for clarification when needed
- Commit at least 1 day per month
This opportunity is suitable for those people who would like to get office based experience.
No formal qualifications or prior guiding experience are required to volunteer with us.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilities.
A full charity induction will be given before the volunteer starts with us and ongoing training is offered depending on which event you are working on.
Home based and in your local area.
References will be required from applications and will be taken up.
Please apply asap as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Volunteers MUST be over 16 (or be accompanied by an adult if under 16).
A minimum of six months commitment is required.
- Once a number of sessions have been completed we will be happy to provide a reference.
- Gain basic office skills, with an opportunity to progress into more varied roles.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Satisfaction of helping people
- Positive work environment, part of the friendly Community Hertsmere team
- Training in Equality and Diversity, Customer Service