Before you can register your interest for this opportunity you must be registered as a volunteer.
• Knowledge and experience of working with young children and/or families.
• Be of a friendly, welcoming and cheerful disposition Friendly & approachable.
• Passion for working with children & families
• Good level of applied English literacy and numeracy
• Confidence to talk to families.
• Reliable & punctual.
• Be a team player with a flexible approach.
• Be proactive & work under your own initiative.
• A willingness to get stuck in.
• To treat all information in a confidential manner.
• Opportunity to meet new people and learn new skill.
• Non-judgemental and understanding of the diverse needs of children and their families.
• Able to maintain complete discretion in handling confidential information.
• Respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA & uphold its value
Opportunity Type: Long-term Commitment
District: East Herts
Time of day: Weekday Mornings, Weekday Afternoons
Practical Considerations: Disabled access across all our Family Centres
• We offer to pay volunteers’ “out of pocket” expenses within agreed guidelines.
• Induction and training given
Suitable for: 18 – 25 year olds, Aged 26 and over, School students, University students, Older People
Suitable for volunteers interested in: Children, Families & Family Support, Education & Training (adults), Education & Training (young people)