Communities 1st are looking for volunteer drivers to drive our MPV's and Minibuses on scheduled trips. Volunteers are needed to help people in the districts of Hertsmere (Borehamwood, Shenley, Bushey, Radlett and Potters Bar) and Three Rivers (Abbots Langley, Bedmond & Leavesden, South Oxhey, Carpenders Park Saratt, Chandlers Cross, Loudwater, Croxley Green, Rickmansworth, Moor Park, Mill End, Chorleywood, Maple Cross and Wes Hyde) who are unable to use public transport, attend health appointments and reduce social isolation.
What qualities we are looking for?
- Driving Skills
- Clean License
- Honest and Reliable
- Good time keeping
Where will you be going?
At Communities 1st, we like to utilise our minibuses for lots of different services such as our shopper bus scheme, day trips for various different groups of people that need it and many other services. Our minibuses are also available for private hire, so at times you may even be asked to assist with this. Our scheme supports the NHS locally to fulfil GP and vaccination appointments, as well as hospital visits.
We like to make sure we are utilising our minibuses everywhere we can to reach those individuals within the community that need it the most. We offer a number of different services to facilitate groups of individuals travelling together. This includes scheduled day trips, transport to hospitals and GP visits to support the NHS locally as well as our shopper scheme.
If you are willing to drive a larger vehicle, the shopper bus scheme and day trips would be the perfect opportunity for you!
Practical Considerations For this opportunity
The practical considerations for this role are that volunteers must have a driving license. No formal qualifications or prior experience is required to volunteer with us. This opportunity is suitable for those people who would like to get out and about, providing practical sociable support. We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilities. A full charity induction will be provided to you before you begin volunteering with us and ongoing training will be available depending on the nature of the activities you will be completing. The role itself is predominantly based within the local community.
How can you benefit from this opportunity?
- Once you have completed a number of sessions, we will be happy to provide you with a reference.
- You will gain practical and interpersonal skills.
- You will have the opportunity to progress into more varied roles.
- All out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping those in your community that need it.
- You will be exposed to a positive work environment.
- You will become a part of the friendly Communities 1st team.
- Training in Equality and Diversity as well as Customer service.
Who is this opportunity suitable for?
This role is suitable for anyone with the following requirements:
- A driving License
- An individual with the ability to drive a minibus
- An individual aged 26 and over
- An individual interested in driving and transportation as well as assisting individuals within the community that are older or have physical disabilities.