Communities 1st deliver a Handy Person Service designed to help those 60+ or on benefits to help with tasks they are unable to carry out themselves,
We are looking for green fingered volunteers to help us help our community to work alongside staff undertaking various light duties in the garden.
These duties include:
- Mowing the lawn
- Light gardening duties
- General tidy up
Would you like to know more?
We are a busy service and are looking for some friendly and caring volunteers who like the outdoors to help fulfil demand.
We can offer flexible hours which suit both you and our clients' needs.
If you have a few hours to spare, enjoy working in the garden and would like to help someone who is struggling to maintain theirs, please give us a call to discuss this opportunity further.
Please call us on 01727 649980 or email email@example.com
No formal qualifications are required to volunteer with us but this tole would suit a keen gardener and at least some experience of gardening is desirable.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilities.
References will be required from applications and will be taken up.
Please apply ASAP as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Volunteers MUST be over 16 (or accompanied by a parent or guardian if under 16)
The role involves working with vulnerable adults and is subject to and enhanced DBS clearance.
Benefits for the Volunteer
- Once a number of sessions have been completed we will be happy to provide a reference.
- Gain practical and interpersonal skills.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Satisfaction of helping people to improve their environment.
- Positive work environment, part of the friendly communities 1st team.
- Training will be offered in Equality & Diversity and Customer Service.