We are looking for Trustees with particular skills to strengthen our current Board of Trustees. You may be a solicitor, retail worker, mum or dad with time to influence, a HR professional with drive and ambition or you are just reading this and believe you are the right person to join our Board.
We are looking for your commitment, passion, understanding and a can-do attitude.
To serve on the board, you will have the time to read detailed papers and take part in regular trustee meetings as well as make a creative contribution as a trustee.
The board is currently made up of local people who volunteer their time and expertise in order to shape the destiny of Community Hertsmere, safeguard its interests and ensure financial stability.
The main responsibilities of a Trustee is to:
- Attend Board meetings
- Help the Board of Trustees in their role of setting the strategy and policy of the organisation.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organisation where appropriate.
- Act with integrity, reasonableness and prudence.
- Understand the legal and financial responsibilities of being a trustee, the liabilities and implications of decisions.
- Exercise responsibilities in accordance with the Governing Document.
If you have the experience and skill sets in the following areas and are looking to work at Board Level, we would love to hear from you:
- Legal matters
- Health & Safety
A knowledge of trusteeship and committee work will be an advantage.
We are keen to develop a diverse board of trustees and advisors and we welcome applicants from all areas of the community.
About the Organisation
Since being created in 2009 from a merger of two community organisations within Hertsmere, Community Hertsmere has grown into a successful charitable organisation with strong links to the communities in which we work.
Community Hertsmere aims to develop and promote a healthier and more thriving community by supporting and enabling people to become more actively involved in the community. We encourage individual volunteering and support groups working to achieve benefits for our community.
Our specific projects have been supported by reputable funders such as the National Lottery, European Social Fund, Hertfordshire County Council, Hertsmere Borough Council and Affinity Sutton Housing as well as many local businesses.
What are they looking for?
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience
- Committed to working with the community with a passion for helping others less fortunate.
- Good written skills able to speak confidently with variety of stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team
- Commit at least 1 day per month
A full charity induction will be given before the volunteer starts with us and ongoing training is offered
Home based and in your local area.
References will be required from applications and will be taken up.
Please apply asap as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Satisfaction of helping people