The role of Volunteer Interviewer would suit someone who is confident and outgoing with excellent communication skills.
You will interview members of the public on a one to one basis and discuss various volunteering opportunities with them that are available. You will also need to be able to assist in the completion of some
application forms on some occasions.
About the Organisation
Since being created in 2009 from a merger of two community organisations within Hertsmere, Communities 1st has grown into a successful charitable organisation with strong links to the communities in which we work.
Communities 1st aims to develop and promote a healthier and more thriving community by supporting and enabling people to become more actively involved in the community. We encourage individual volunteering and support groups working to achieve benefits for our community.
Our specific projects have been supported by reputable funders such as the National Lottery, European Social Fund, Hertfordshire County Council, Hertsmere Borough Council and Affinity Sutton Housing as well as many local businesses.
We involve volunteers in a variety of roles and have something to suit all skills, talents, interests and availability. You will be valued and supported in whichever role you decide to undertake and the chances are you'll have fun too!
What are they looking for?
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience
- Committed to working with the community with a passion for helping others less fortunate.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to document effectively
- Ability to actively listen
- Must be reliable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commit at least 1 day per month
Although no previous interviewing experience is necessary it would be an advantage.
No formal qualifications or prior guiding experience are required to volunteer with us.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilities.
A full charity induction will be given before the volunteer starts with us and ongoing training is offered depending on which event you are working on.
Home based and in your local area.
References will be required from applications and will be taken up.
Please apply asap as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Volunteers MUST be over 16 (or be accompanied by an adult if under 16).
A minimum of six months commitment is required.
- Once a number of sessions have been completed we will be happy to provide a reference.
- Gain basic office skills, with an opportunity to progress into more varied roles.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Satisfaction of helping people
- Positive work environment, part of the friendly Community Hertsmere team
- Training in Equality and Diversity, Customer Service