Communities 1st deliver a Handy Person Service designed to help those 60+ or on benefits, living in Hertsmere and St Albans & District to help with tasks they are unable to carry out themselves.
We are looking for caring people with practical skills and experience who would be confident to go out to look at jobs that a client has requested for our Handyman to carry out and price them up. We would need you to…
- Get a detailed description of what is required
- Carry out any measurements that need to be taken
- Make a list of tools and materials that will be needed for the job
- Have knowledge of or be able to research the most cost effective materials required.
- To look on various websites or go to hardware shops and arrange the delivery of materials required for the client’s job
We are a busy service and are looking for some friendly and caring volunteers to help fulfil demand.
We can offer flexible hours which suit both you and our clients’ needs.
If you have skills in trades-work, DIY, painting or decorating, a few hours to spare and would enjoy using your time and talents to help someone who really needs it, then please give us a call to discuss this opportunity further.
Please call Anna on 020 3559 3559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
No formal qualifications are required to volunteer with us but this role requires a person who has some experience with DIY and would accurately be able to estimate the time and cost requirement of a handywork job. It is essential that you are caring and good with people. This role would suit someone who is a DIY enthusiast who, maybe is looking to gain experience for a career in handy work. You may be recently retired from a trade or perhaps you cannot, for whatever reason, work full time. Are you someone who is willing to share some of their time to help our handyman service run efficiently for those in need?
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilities.
References will be required from applications and will be taken up.
Please apply ASAP as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Volunteers MUST be over 18
The role involves working with vulnerable adults and is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
About the Organisation
Communities 1st aims to develop and promote a healthier and more thriving community in Hertsmere and St Albans & District by supporting and enabling people to become more actively involved in their community. We encourage individual volunteering and support groups working to achieve benefits for our community.
Our specific projects have been supported by reputable funders such as the National Lottery, European Social Fund, Hertfordshire County Council, Hertsmere Borough Council, St Albans & District Borough Council and Housing Associations, as well as many local businesses.
We involve volunteers in a variety of roles and have something to suit all skills, talents, interests and availability. You will be valued and supported in whichever role you decide to undertake and the chances are you'll have fun too!
Benefits for the Volunteer:
- Once a number of sessions have been completed we will be happy to provide a reference.
- Gain practical and interpersonal skills.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Satisfaction of helping people to improve their environment.
- Positive work environment, part of the friendly Communities 1st team.
- Training will be offered in Equality & Diversity and Customer Service.