Communities 1st are looking for local drivers to volunteer and become apart of our Community Car Scheme. Drivers are needed to help people in Borehamwood, Shenley and Potters Bar who are unable to use public transport, to attend health appointments and to reduce social isolation.
About Communities 1st
Communities 1st aims to develop and promote a healthier and more thriving community in Hertsmere and St Albans & District by supporting and enabling people to become more actively involved in their community. We encourage individual volunteering and support groups working to achieve benefits for out community.
Out specific projects have been supported by reputable funders such as the National Lottery, European Social Fund, Hertfordshire Count Council, Hertsmere Borough Council, St Albans & District Borough Council and Housing Associations, as well as many local businesses.
We involve volunteers in a variety of roles and have something to suit all skills, talents, interests and availability. You will be valued and supported in whichever role you decide to undertake and the chances are you'll have fun too!
- Must have a drivers license
- Must have your own roadworthy vehicle or access to a vehicle
No formal qualifications or prior experience required to volunteer with us.
This opportunity is suitable for those people who would like to get our and about, providing practical, sociable support to shoppers who are less able bodied.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilities.
A full charity induction will be given before the volunteer starts with us and ongoing training is offered depending on what you are working on.
This role is based in your local community at various shopping locations.
Benefits for you, the Volunteer
- Once a number of sessions have been completed we will be happy to provide a reference.
- Gain practical and interpersonal skills, with an opportunity to progress into more varied roles.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Satisfaction of helping people.
- Positive work environment, part of the friendly communities 1st team.
- Training in Equality & Diversity and Customer Service.