Communities 1st are looking for volunteers to register and become a Community Champion in their local area. This role will enable us to reach further into local communities and raise awareness of the work of our charity.
What will I be doing?
As a Community Champion, you can expect to be involved in a various activities, such as...
- Attending the lunches, talking to people and making a note of what their issues are and how we could help.
- Phoning up other voluntary organisations to see if they can help the person if we cant.
- Keeping records of what the project has achieved on a spreadsheet.
- Publicising the project - putting up posters/ leaflets in the library and supermarkets.
- In general, helping out. Its likely that each day you volunteer will vary.
- Act as the local representative for Community Hertsmere in the local community.
- Act as a point of contact for other local volunteers in the area.
- Distribute marketing materials to sites to help with the promotion of fundraising and work of Communities 1st.
- Build key relationships within the local community including supermarkets, businesses, schools, colleges, churches, etc.
- Identify and collate details of local schools, memberships and associations, clubs and community groups.
What are we looking for?
Communities 1st are looking for someone that posses the following skills and experience:
- Committed to working with the community with a passions for helping others less fortunate.
- Good written skills able to speak confidently with variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards and pay attention to details.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work independently and ask for clarifications when needed.
- Commit at least 1 day per month.
This opportunity is suitable for those people who would like to get office based experience.
No formal qualifications or prior guiding experience are required to volunteer with us.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilities.
A full charity induction will be given before the volunteer starts with us and ongoing training is offered depending on which event you are working on.
Home based and in your local area.
References will be required from applications and will be taken up.
Please apply asap as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Volunteers MUST be over 16 (or be accompanied by an adult if under 16).
A minimum of six months commitment is required.
- Once a number of sessions have been completed we will be happy to provide a reference.
- Gain basic office skills, with an opportunity to progress into more varied roles.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Satisfaction of helping people.
- Positive work environment, part of the friendly Community Hertsmere Team.
- Training in Equality & Diversity and Customer Service.
Are you interested in becoming a Community Champion?
You can contact us on 01727 649970 or by email at PodAdmin@communities1st.org.uk
Or you can Sign Up online below: