Recently published research carried out by the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) surveyed over 1,000 HR professionals and found that:
- 65% of employees would be more likely work for an employer who encourages volunteering.
- 66% of employees said their communication skills had improved as a result of volunteering.
- 59% of employees said their confidence had improved as a result of volunteering.
There are many benefits to encouraging your employees to volunteer. Employee volunteers improve the company's relationships with its stakeholders, with the local community in which it operates and importantly for the business, volunteering can bring new skills and ideas to the workplace in addition to increasing profits.
The CIPD's research found that employer supported volunteering is most successful when:
- Businesses think about what skills and staff they can offer before looking for volunteering opportunities.
- Businesses are clear with their staff and the charity about what they can offer and what volunteering will involve.
- Businesses prioritise volunteering and make sure their staff are bought into the idea to avoid last minute cancellations.
How can Hertsmere Volunteer Centre help your business?
We have a wealth of voluntary sector knowledge and are ideally placed to work with you to find the right opportunity for your business and staff - regardless of how big or small a venture you have in mind.
We work across Hertsmere and so we can match your staff to charities anywhere in the district.
We have four great Employer supported volunteer programmes to suit the level of involvement you're looking for.
Finding the right opportunity takes time and valuable resources - so let us do the hard work for you! The support we offer can be as individual as you are, because we understand that every business has different needs and priorities. Whether you are looking for an opportunity for one member of staff, or are planning a large scale team challenge, contact us via email email@example.com today to find out how we can help your business or give us a phone on 020 3457 7537.